Tuesday, April 21, 2009

San Diego

Last week I was able to go to San Diego with my Mom and Sister-in-law Hannah. We had so much fun. We fit an awful lot into three days! Here are some of my highlights!!!

The first day we spent at Sea World, it was a blast. I wondered if you needed kids with you to have a good time, but we had so much fun! It is amazing what they are able to get the animals to do. I loved all the shows, it wasn't very crowded so we got around to everything in a short amount of time! Later that evening we walked around Old Town and ate at a great Mexican Restaurant!


The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo. We walked and walked and walked. I was AMAZED that we saw all of it. It was HUGE! We each had a favorite animal. Mine was the Panda's, Hannah's was the Koala Bears, and my mom's was the Giraffe!! There was a little baby Giraffe that kept running into the shelter to see it's mom then back out, it was soooo cute!


We were so exhausted after the zoo, but we went to the Temple and walked around and took some pictures. I loved it. It is truly beautiful! I am always amazed at the spirit you feel, but by being near the Temple! Then we ate dinner across the street at the California Pizza Kitchen--Yummmm!


Our last day we walked around the Beach~~~I LOVE THE BEACH!! I love the sound of the ocean, and the calmness it brings. It was beautiful and great weather! We were on Coronado Island, we walked around a bit. Did a little shopping, then grabbed lunch at a cute deli. I had so much fun. Missed my family a lot, but had a blast. Then to top it all off, Elliot and the kids surprised me and picked me up at the airport!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Douglas's said...

I am glad you had a good itme and it looks like it was great weather. I am glad that the kids had fun with easter too! :) Yeah, I am done with work now for 12 weeks, I took off a week earlier, but oh well :) So hopefully I see you soon, and seriously we all need to get together this summer and go to the lake and have a cookout and have the kids ride horses! :)

hannah said...

Nichole! You've been a busy little blogger! I've only had time to blog about the zoo! Your pictures look great, though--good job! It was SO much fun having a girls trip. It was so much fun hanging out with you and getting sunburned. :)

Kent & Teri said...

Not bad for us unexperienced San Diego vacationers. Thanks for such a fun trip and putting up with the old woman. Your pictures are great!

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

Looks like you had a GREAT time! I am so glad! I bet it was so fun to go with your mom and Hannah! The pictures turned out really good! I love your layouts! You will have to tell me all about your trip!