Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Goals

Okay so I have decided that since I had Mykell I have kind of let all my goals and life dreams come in last, and just have been trying to take care of my family (which I'm really not complaining I love them tons!!). As many of you know I have had a tough year with my health. After Porter was born I was left not even able to walk a quarter of a mile. It has been extremely frustrating to see what a damaged condition this pregnancy has left my body in. I have been working at it, but finding it hard without some type of goal to work towards. That has left me thinking I have always wanted to run a marathon, ever since high school. Then a couple of weeks ago I watched my parents bike over 200 miles and I thought if they can do that at almost 50 (sorry mom I mean 29) why can't I run 26 miles at 27?? My major problem is not having someone to motivate me. So I decided that I'm going to blog about it weekly. Then if I don't do well that week I'm going to be a bit embarrassed. Right now I've only worked up to 3/4 of a mile, and it takes me WAY too long. My goal is to be running 5 and 10K races by the spring, increase my endurance throught the spring and summer and run in the Top of Utah marathon in one year. My wonderful friend Emily will run the races with me, but she is too far to train with so it is up to me. I know this is long, and probably really boring to most of you, but I think this can be a motivating thing for me. So here I go on a new adventure, wish me well!! (Anyone who wants to join in I would love a partner!!!)

3 comments:

hannah said...

I was thinking after Lotoja that I should start running and even thought about doing the Top of Utah marathon next year, too! Even though my schedule is limited, we should get together sometime! :)

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

That is such a good goal! How fun!

Rich's ScrapBlog said...

I LOVE your header!!!! Looks adorable.